Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thank You!

April 30, 2011 – Vancouver.

I am home now. Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouragement for the past couple of weeks!

Now my trip is over, I feel I need to bring some sort of closure to this stage of my blog. At the end of our time together last week, my Japanese team and I met to reflect on our visits in Fukushima and to seek wisdom how God might lead us in the near future. Among a few things that are now developing to help Fukushima more practically, my team in Japan would like me to continue this blog in Canada for one important reason: To get stories of Japanese churches out to the rest of the world. We sense that it is important to make these stories of Japanese churches known to the world about how they are serving their neighbours by directly hearing God’s call through dreams, visions and prayers, and then taking risks sacrificially in this time of great suffering and needs. Understanding the stories correctly will help us to know what and how to pray and what kind of assistance we might offer from outside.

Seven weeks passed by after the earthquake and tsunami. Now these disasters have disappeared from media, but the work of building communities of Easter Hope quietly continues. The small, strong churches will make a big difference in Fukushima and beyond. The Friends with the Voiceless International (http://www.karashi.net), my partner organization, will continue to walk with these churches in Fukushima and churches throughout Japan for this purpose.


World Fukushima Day – the 11th of each month

The FVI will commemorate the 11th of each month as a global prayer vigil, World Fukushima Day (or World Eco Day in Japan), until a solution is found to stop the radiation from the broken nuclear plant in Fukushima Daiichi. We will turn off lights between 7 and 9 pm on the 11th of each month and pray for suffering people of Fukushima and for our renewed lifestyle of less dependence on energy and more creativity.


Before the 11th of each month, I will post an update from the churches we visited. Till then, I am now taking a pause on this blog and from blog-adrenaline-rush!

I am deeply grateful to each of you, readers.
Soohwan Park


The sponsor organization for my trip to Japan: Food for the Hungry Canada
www.fhcanada.org

Who am I and what do I do in Vancouver? Please visit Regent College Marketplace Institute, www.regent-college.edu/marketplace

No comments:

Post a Comment